When you have a liquid product ready to be filled and manufactured, you must consider which liquid filling machine is most suitable for your production needs. The wide range of models and features available means that navigating the liquid filling machine industry can sometimes be challenging. Fortunately, you can narrow down your search by considering the following essential factors.
Your Product’s Properties
Before you select the best liquid filling machine for your product, you must consider its properties. Consider its viscosity or the liquid’s internal resistance to flow. For instance, a thick substance like molasses is more resistant to movement than a liquid like water. If your liquid product is closer to molasses, your machine should meet the demands of a high-viscosity liquid.
You should also consider whether your product contains particulates or is semi-solid. If so, a piston or pump filler may be best for that product.
Your Desired Production Speed
Now you need to consider your desired production rate. If you need to produce many products, you will benefit the most from efficient machines. If you have a smaller production scale, you may be able to trade off speed for savings in space and money.
However, you should consider your expected future growth. You will want to invest in liquid filling machines that will support your needs now and in the future.
Which Machine Suits Your Budget
There are three different liquid filling machines suitable for three different budgets. Consider which is worth the investment depending on your production needs.
- Manual filling machines are great for low production rates, space-efficient, and suitable for hobbyists or small companies not planning on expanding.
- Semi-automatic filling machines can produce at a faster pace but still need some manual operation. Their mid-range price makes them a great choice for small and medium-sized businesses with plans to grow.
- Automatic filling machines are perfect for large-scale companies with very high production rates. They require ample floor space and function with little or no manual operation, but their cost is high.
Weighing Flexibility vs. Efficiency
Some liquid filling machines are better for those who desire flexibility. Other machines are more suitable for manufacturers who need efficiency and high production.
- In-line filling machines have a lower cost and are more flexible in accommodating different bottle shapes. These machines fill bottles in a single-file formation and are great for small and medium-sized businesses.
- Rotary filling machines cost more and require slower changeovers for each unique bottle and cap. However, their high speed and ability to fill over 100 bottles at once make them essential for large businesses.
Available Customer Support
Considering the quality of the liquid filling machine is one part of your decision. However, you can’t forget to consider the commitment to customer service offered by each manufacturer. The best way to maximize your investment in your filling machines is to select a manufacturer available to provide guidance and information. When choosing the company you want to work with, ask them about their:
- Ability to design turnkey solutions
- Quality review and approval process
- Warranty terms
- Installation process
- On-site support offered
A company that is responsive to inquiries and provides a friendly and professional customer experience is the one you want to work with.
Liquid Filling Machine Specialists
For over 70 years, FILAMATIC has provided the widest range of liquid filling equipment while delivering the lowest cost of ownership to our customers. We excel in flexible, customized solutions for every stage of your business growth. Whether you require a single machine, a complete turnkey solution, or a fully-automated, integrated Monobloc system, we have the experience to ensure your satisfaction is exceeded.
For more information on our liquid filling solutions, please call 866.258.1914 or visit www.filamatic.com/contact-us.