DIRECTOR of FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
Filamatic is a 65 year old $10 million manufacturer of packaging machinery for the pharmaceutical, cosmetic, biotech, chemical specialty and e-cigarette industries located in Baltimore, Maryland. Our success has been due to exceeding our customers’ expectations by providing products and services which offer a superior value proposition and striving to create a great working environment for our employees. To learn more about us, please visit our website www.filamatic.com.
The Director of Finance and Administration will be a valued contributor to our Executive Team which includes the Director of Sales and Marketing, the Director of Manufacturing Operations, the Director of Engineering and our COO. The Director of Finance and Administration reports to our COO.
All members of the Executive Team will depend on the Director of Finance and Administration to provide timely managerial accounting analyses regarding business operations and insights as to how our company can be run more efficiently and profitably.
The Director of Finance and Administration together with the Executive Team will assist with the preparation and implementation of the company’s Strategic Plans, Business Plans and Annual Operating Plans (AOP). The entire team will continually monitor the plans and modifying them as required to help ensure satisfactory performance.
This position is responsible for supervising all aspects of the company’s Financial, Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology and Administrative Functions. A detailed description of these responsibilities follows:
- Direct the financial and administrative functions of the company in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Prepare the company’s month end and end of year financial reports on an accurate and timely basis.
- Update and maintain the Company’s financial policies, procedures and controls and reporting systems.
- Maintain a strong relationship with company’s bank and accounting firm.
- Develop timely reliable cash flow reports with projections to insure that cash is available within pre-established guidelines to meet the operating needs of the company.
- Work with the Director of Manufacturing to minimize inventory and maximize inventory turns.
- Manage the cost accounting system to insure that products and services are priced correctly to insure that profit margins are maintained.
- Insure that the company’s salary and benefits are competitive in the marketplace by periodically conducting wage and benefit surveys and making recommendations on suggested changes.
- Administer a salary merit and performance review system to insure that all employees are provided timely feedback on their job performance and paid appropriately.
- Assist with maintaining an excellent working relationship with our employees by (1) meeting their needs for safety, compensation, benefits and job growth; (2) providing excellent communications.
- Assist the company in filling job vacancies with highly qualified applicants.
- Direct all aspects of the information technology needs of the company. Keep up to date on the latest technological developments including hardware, software, cyber security and the cloud.
- Assist with the selection and implementation of the company’s Enterprise Resource Planning System (ERP).
- Assure accountability for risk management. Negotiate with vendors for business insurance, employee health, employee benefits and 401K plan.
- Manage all personnel working in the department. Plan for continued improvement in the efficiencies and effectiveness of the department.
- Manage the assets of the company including facilities.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting
- Managerial Accounting Certification (MAC)
- Managerial accounting experience with a machinery manufacturing company
- Experience as a Director of Finance and Accounting or CFO
- Experience managing Human Resources Department
- Experience managing an Information Technology Department utilizing state of the art technology (hardware, software, cyber security, the cloud, etc.)
- Experience selecting and implementing Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (ERP)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Experience with QuickBooks and Pay Pal
- Experience with a manufacturing company utilizing lean manufacturing, theory of constraints and 6-sigma concepts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent team player skills
Please provide a cover letter detailing your suitability for our job opening, your resume and indicate your salary requirements. All submissions will be treated in strict confidence.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Benefits include health insurance (medical, dental, vision), life insurance, disability insurance, paid vacations and holidays, 401K plan with match, and bonus plan based on company performance.
Our company will provide reimbursement for relocation.
Sherry Blum, HR
4119 Fordleigh Rd.
Baltimore, MD 21215
Visit our website >> www.Filamatic.com.