For over 65 years, Filamatic has been a leader in the liquid packaging industry. A privately owned company employing over 50 people, Filamatic has remained customer-focused while still delivering industry breakthrough solutions.
We have an immediate need for an Applications/Sales Engineer. The major thrust of this role will be to use customer input and sales information to configure and cost the best packaging solution for customers. You will be the primary technical resource for the field sales force and responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process.
- Articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users verbally and in written proposal format.
- Maintain expert level of product knowledge and application.
- Communicate customer requirements to technical support team.
- Provide technical support and expertise to customers, e.g. respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs, testing applications, or customer feedback.
- Recommend corrective actions to ensure the applications team directs all open projects to completion on time, within budget, and to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Must be willing to travel to different tradeshows, conferences, and customers (sales, demos, training).
- BA/BS in Engineering, Technical Field, or equivalent technical work experience
- At least three (3) – five (5) years related experience.
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Understanding of cost structures as applied to building of standard/custom systems
- Knowledge of AutoCad, or Solid Works
- Project management skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to work individually and with a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must be willing to travel 20-25% of the time.
- Customer service or technical sales support experience a plus
We offer an excellent salary and fringe benefits package including medical, dental, disability and life insurance, prescription plan and 401K plan.
Applicants should send their resume and indicate salary requirements in complete confidence.
Company: Filamatic div. National Instrument, LLC
Address: 4119 Fordleigh Rd.
Baltimore, MD 21215-2292
To learn more about FIlamatic, visit www.filamatic.com.