Careers >> Technical Buyer
FILAMATIC, a division of National Instrument, LLC, is a leading manufacturer of liquid filling and packaging machinery systems to the pharmaceutical, biotech, diagnostic, health care and cosmetic industries.
We are seeking a hard-working team member with strong communication skills, analytical skills, and prior supply chain experience with the ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment. The candidate must have a working knowledge of ERP systems and can work under limited to no direct instruction to develop and execute sourcing strategies, procure components across multiple categories, and deliver savings and improve lead times. Furthermore, the candidate must lead with integrity and respect and deliver results.
Key components of the job include:
- Solicit quotes, process purchase orders, and manage purchase orders to ensure that materials meet the required delivery schedule and comply with engineering requirements.
- Proactively manage suppliers and ensure that vendor performance in delivery, cost, and quality are exceeding production needs.
- Negotiate vendor pricing, delivery, payment terms and stocking levels
- Involved in the maintenance of procurement master data within ERP system (i.e pricing, part numbers, lead times, supplier information, etc.)
- Identify alternate sources for any current supplier, including international and conduct on-site vendor visits when required
- Work with finance and planning to reconcile and resolve any invoice and/or receiving related issues
- Utilize lean manufacturing principles and process improvement techniques to increase efficiency and reduce waste throughout the procurement processes
- 3+ years’ experience Procuring and Sourcing Mechanical, Electrical, Metal and Plastic Parts in a Global Manufacturing Environment
- Mechanical aptitude including an ability to read Engineering drawings to ensure that vendors are capable of manufacturing to the drawing requirements and specifications.
- Machine Shop / Manufacturing Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering
- Proficiency in working with an ERP System Environment
- Track record of cost reductions; obtaining parts, on time, which meet or exceed specifications
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.).
- APICS certification is a plus
- Supply Chain Management Experience
- Experience working for World Class Manufacturing Company
- Experience working with ISO & Six-Sigma Quality Programs
- Engineering Background
We offer a competitive salary and attractive fringe benefit programs and will pay re-location expenses.
Visit our website – filamatic.com.
Applicants should send their resume and indicate salary requirements in complete confidence to;
4119 Fordleigh Rd.
Baltimore, MD 21215-2292
Please see our careers page for more FILAMATIC job opportunities.