Careers >> Manual Machinist
FILAMATIC in Baltimore, MD has an immediate opening for a Manual Machinist. We are looking for a candidate that has a passion for the trade and is a continuous learner. If this is you, then we will do all we can to help you grow and succeed.
As a Manual Machinist you will be responsible for the following job duties:
- Setup and operate various equipment and machinery including lathes, milling machines, grinders, and more to minimize downtime and errors in parts production.
- Manufacture parts on various machines from blueprints, sketches and verbal instructions to meet/expedite delivery and ensure quality production.
- Requirements for the job:
- Basic math skills in algebra, geometry, trigonometry
- Ability to interpret technician’s drawings and geometric drawings
- Ability to set up and operate a full range of machines and equipment in accordance with safety protocols
- Ability to measure (where and how) using proper tools
- Candidate must have High School diploma/GED
- Associate degree with course work in automated manufacturing technology preferred
- Machinist apprenticeship to journeyman experience; two (2) years specialized experience preferred
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package including a 401(k) plan. Signing bonus available. Applicants should submit their resumes as an attachment and indicate salary requirements in complete confidence to:
4119 Fordleigh Road
Baltimore, MD 21215-2292
For more information, please visit www.filamatic.com.
Please see our careers page for more FILAMATIC job opportunities.