Careers >> Information Systems (IS) Manager
FILAMATIC, a division of National Instrument, LLC is a 65-year-old leading manufacturer of packaging machinery for pharmaceutical, cosmetic, biotech, and chemical specialty industries located in Baltimore, Maryland. Our success is attributed to exceeding our customers’ expectations by providing products and services which offer a superior value proposition, striving to create a great working environment for our employees and driving continuous process improvement initiatives.
The culture at FILAMATIC is built on our shared core values-ethical, team-oriented, continuous improvement, trust, golden rule standard (we treat others as we want to be treated ourselves), excellence- (we strive for excellence individually and expect the same from our colleagues and support our employees to improve their skills and talents), customer centric and a healthy and safe work environment. If you are interested in making an impact with a growing company and want to share ideas and help build a world class organization this is the company to join.
ERP/Information Systems Manager
- Manage and maintain enterprise information systems (users and group permission, performance, etc.).
- Serve as the system administrator for users, groups, etc. Duties include adding and modifying user accounts on an as needed basis.
- Maintain configuration of systems as required and act as the Point Of Contact (POC) for hosted (external) systems.
- Build / maintain BI routines, user, and application interfaces, etc.
- Maintain / manage / enhance existing reports and pages in Filamatic’s SharePoint environment and develop new routines as
- needed. Develop dashboards using data visualization tools.
- Provide expert guidance in shaping Filamatic’s information systems landscape.
- Provide thought leadership in relevant technologies to Filamatic’s leadership team.
- Challenge paradigms and theories in a respectful way by offering defensible arguments that highlight gaps, issues, etc.
- Function as the SME for ERP and other multi-function information systems.
- Serve as the domain expert for ERP and train others in best practices.
- Serve as the system architect in terms of systems integration.
- Lead system implementations and upgrades.
- Act in the capacity of a Project Manager – managing scope, schedule, and cost.
- Drive attainment of goals through self and others.
- Manage relationship(s) with third parties as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Filamatic provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and Experience
- A university degree (Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent) in Management Information Systems (MIS).
- Minimum (5) years’ experience in managing ERP information systems for firm(s) that are characterized as discrete manufacturers. High mix / low volume experience is valued.
- Proven history of implementing, upgrading, and managing ERP systems.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills that foster effective communication and relationships with internal stakeholders and external customers. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional analytical abilities that facilitate solving complex technical problems.
- High-level of competency in managing N-tier applications (desktop and databases).
- Strong SQL, T-SQL, RDL, XML skills.
- Working knowledge of contemporary database schemas and related data / predictive analytic methodologies and technologies.
- Working knowledge of computer hardware and configuration of same.
- Physical requirements entail the use of office equipment such as computers, phones, etc. being stationary and standing for extended periods of time while working with teams and customers in a manufacturing environment.
- Manufacturing environments includes office and indoor industrial areas where equipment is manufactured, assembled, and tested. Environment includes areas where machine tools and Powered Industrial Equipment (PIV) operate. Some areas require safety glasses and footwear.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, transfer or promotion without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.
4119 Fordleigh Road
Baltimore, MD 21215-2292
For more information, please visit www.filamatic.com.
Please see our careers page for more FILAMATIC job opportunities.