Careers >> Human Resources Manager
Filamatic, a division of National Instrument LLC is a 70-year-old leading manufacturer of packaging machinery for pharmaceutical, cosmetic, biotech, and chemical specialty industries located in Baltimore, Maryland. Our success is attributed to exceeding our customers’ expectations by providing products and services which offer a superior value proposition, striving to create a great working environment for our employees and driving continuous process improvement initiatives.
The culture at Filamatic is built on our shared core values-ethical, team-oriented, continuous improvement, trust, golden rule standard (we treat others as we want to be treated ourselves), excellence- (we strive for excellence individually and expect the same from our colleagues and support our employees to improve their skills and talents), customer centric and a healthy and safe work environment. If you are interested in making an impact with a growing company and want to share ideas and help build a world class organization this is the company to join.
Why Work for Filamatic
- Highly engaged workforce committed to solving customer problems.
- A company that values their employees.
- A company that promotes a culture of support, open communication, and teamwork.
- Experienced handling and metering most liquids used in the diagnostic, biotech, and cosmetic industries.
- A respected and well recognized name for manufacturing durable machinery that is made in the U.S.A.
- Leadership that is committed to the development of the employees.
- Leadership that is passionate about continuous improvement and growth.
- Employees that possess expert knowledge in their fields.
- A company that believes strongly in supporting the community through local charities.
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and 401K
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition reimbursement
- Work life balance
- Coaching and mentorship
- Health Savings Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Recognition program
- Career development training
- Employee referral bonus
- Source and attract candidates using various sources, such as social media and employee referrals.
- Promote company’s reputation as “best place to work”.
- Prepare recruitment materials and post jobs to appropriate job sites/colleges etc.
- Screen candidates resumes and job applications.
- Conduct interviews using various reliable recruiting and selection tools/methods.
- Assess applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills, soft skills, experience and aptitudes.
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process.
- Conduct employee onboarding and help organize training & development initiatives.
- Organize employee performance reviews.
- Enhance job satisfaction by resolving issues promptly, applying new rewards and benefits and organizing team building activities.
- Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as leaves and compensation and resolve any issues that may arise.
- Conduct exit interviews.
- Oversee administration of paid and unpaid leave to include FMLA, Maryland Healthy Working Families Act, workers compensation and disability.
- Administer open enrollment ensuring compliance and benefit eligibility.
- Evaluate, implement, and communicate health plans to employees.
- Manage HR Generalist.
- Support and oversee payroll, time, and attendance.
- Administer and enforce HR policies and procedures ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws.
- Negotiate contracts with outside vendors.
- Collaborate with department managers on a regular basis and proactively identify future hiring needs.
- Drive the employee recognition program.
- Monitor and apply HR recruiting best practices.
- Develop and update job descriptions and job specifications.
- Perform job and task analysis to document job requirements and objectives.
- Coordinate required safety and workplace harassment trainings for supervisors and employees.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Partner with Marketing to drive philanthropic initiatives in the community.
- Handles conflict resolution and provides coaching to employees and management.
- Help the company to provide a work environment / culture that is conducive to a high level of employee satisfaction for maximizing job performance and long-term retention.
- Other duties as assigned.
Filamatic provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of Human Resources experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- SPHR, PHR or SHRM certification a plus.
- Master’s degree in business, Human Resources or Management a plus (not required).
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to handle highly sensitive information and ensure confidentiality.
- Demonstrated experience making correct judgements and decisions in complex situations.
- Knowledgeable on employment law, HR policies/procedures including policy. development and revision, maintains Employee Handbook, and all other related HR best practices.
- Serve as the face of Filamatic with outside vendors and prospective employees.
- Ability to build relationships and trust with employees across all levels of the organization.
- Drive HR initiatives and oversee the workflow of the HR department
- Demonstrated proficiency in verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- The ability to stay calm in stressful situations.
- Proficient software skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Experience and proficiency using an HRIS systems.
- Demonstrated strong organization and prioritization skills, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated work ethic, integrity, and professional conduct.
- Displayed ability to lead and contribute to a team environment.
- Be flexible and available to interact with employees at all levels.
- Ability to effectively manage, develop and motivate HR staff.
National Instrument dba Filamatic is an equal opportunity employer. National Instrument dba Filamatic does not discriminate in employment with regard to actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions and lactation), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service or veteran status, disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances.
4119 Fordleigh Road
Baltimore, MD 21215-2292
For more information, please visit www.filamatic.com.
Please see our careers page for more FILAMATIC job opportunities.