Careers >> Field Service Technician
Filamatic is 75-year-old leading manufacturer of packaging machinery for pharmaceutical, cosmetic, biotech, and chemical specialty industries located in Baltimore, Maryland. Our success is attributed to exceeding our customers’ expectations by providing products and services which offer a superior value proposition, striving to create a great working environment for our employees and driving continuous process improvement initiatives.
The culture at Filamatic is built on our shared core values-ethical, team-oriented, continuous improvement, trust, golden rule standard (we treat others as we want to be treated ourselves), excellence- (we strive for excellence individually and expect the same from our colleagues and support our employees to improve their skills and talents), customer centric and a healthy and safe work environment. If you are interested in making an impact with a growing company and want to share ideas and help build a world class organization this is the company to join.
Why Work for Filamatic
- Highly engaged workforce committed to solving customer problems.
- A company that values their employees.
- A company that promotes a culture of support, open communication, and teamwork.
- Experienced handling and metering most liquids used in the diagnostic, biotech, and cosmetic industries
- A respected and well recognized name for manufacturing durable machinery that is made in the U.S.A.
- Leadership that is committed to the development of the employees.
- Leadership that is passionate about continuous improvement and growth.
- Employees that possess expert knowledge in their fields.
- A company that believes strongly in supporting the community through local charities.
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and 401K
- 10 paid holidays per year
- PTO program
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Work life balance
- Coaching and mentorship
- Health Savings Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Recognition program
- Career development training
- Employee referral bonus
- Build machinery using hand tools, measuring instruments in accordance with mechanical and electrical prints and in interaction with other departments.
- Set up, test, troubleshoot and structure equipment applying knowledge of mechanical and electrical prints to ensure it meets customer specifications.
- Repair or upgrade equipment, which may include travel to customer’s location to perform the repair or upgrade.
- Troubleshoot customer issues over the phone, research customer’s equipment, diagnose issues with customer’s feedback applying mechanical and electrical knowledge of machine programs.
- Install equipment, which may include travel to customer’s location, using hand tools perform machine reassembly and testing.
- Train equipment operators and maintenance personnel to facilitate full knowledge of machine operations and understanding of customer’s operations plus troubleshooting techniques.
- Perform testing of customer products, set up equipment to meet product specifications and required tests following test criteria.
- Job related paperwork: time scanning, providing information to engineering for updates, service visits, etc.
- Customer on-site installation and training.
- Troubleshooting and repair of mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic issues.
- Remote support to customers and field salespeople.
- Assistance with the final assembly of machinery and customer factory acceptance testing in our facility.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Work schedule FT (Monday-Friday 7am-3:30pm)
Filamatic provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and Experience
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in an automated industry/manufacturing environment and/or AA degree and/or technical school training with specialization in mechanical, electrical engineering or computer science field.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advance knowledge of mechanical/electrical practices, electrical theory, PLC programming, pneumatics, and troubleshooting.
- Ability to follow detailed mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
- Ability to use precision measuring tool, hand, power, and air tools.
- Manual dexterity, eye/hand coordination, ability to bend, stoops, stand or kneel for prolonged periods of time.
- Electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Good customer relation skills and communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated ability in programming PLC’s.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Working knowledge of servomotor control.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency with computer software programs including Microsoft Office products.
- Job requires visiting client sites
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time. Most travel is within the United States.
- Job requires standing and working with hands 75% of the time; moving, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, lifting up to 50 pounds approximately 20% of the time.
- Job requires use of hand tools air/power, phone, computer, measuring tools, mechanical and electrical testing equipment, voltmeter, air power tools, and machine tools.
- Job requires working near/with moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, fumes or airborne particles, vibration, sharp edges or parts, and emission of liquid up to 75% of the time. Moderate noise level.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, transfer, or promotion without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.
4119 Fordleigh Road
Baltimore, MD 21215-2292
For more information, please visit www.filamatic.com.
Please see our careers page for more FILAMATIC job opportunities.