Careers >> Finance >> Accounts Payable (AP) / Accounts Receivable (AR) Clerk
Filamatic, a division of National Instrument LLC is a 70-year-old leading manufacturer of packaging machinery for pharmaceutical, cosmetic, biotech, and chemical specialty industries located in Baltimore, Maryland. Our success is attributed to exceeding our customers’ expectations by providing products and services which offer a superior value proposition, striving to create a great working environment for our employees and driving continuous process improvement initiatives.
The culture at Filamatic is built on our shared core values – ethical, team-oriented, continuous improvement, trust, golden rule standard (we treat others as we want to be treated ourselves), excellence (we strive for excellence individually and expect the same from our colleagues and support our employees to improve their skills and talents), customer centric and a healthy and safe work environment. If you are interested in making an impact with a growing company and want to share ideas and help build a world class organization this is the company to join.
Why Work for Filamatic
- Highly engaged workforce committed to solving customer problems.
- A company that values their employees.
- A company that promotes a culture of support, open communication, and teamwork.
- Experienced handling and metering most liquids used in the diagnostic, biotech, and cosmetic industries.
- A respected and well recognized name for manufacturing durable machinery that is made in the U.S.A.
- Leadership that is committed to the development of the employees.
- Leadership that is passionate about continuous improvement and growth.
- Employees that possess expert knowledge in their fields.
- A company that believes strongly in supporting the community through local charities.
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and 401K
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition reimbursement
- Work life balance
- Coaching and mentorship
- Health Savings Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Recognition program
- Career development training
- Employee referral bonus
Checks and verifies cost accounting, account payable records, prepares invoices and vouchers, types, files, posts ledger and general journal entries, and/or balances accounts payable and accounts receivable records. Uses office-automated systems to input data, generate reports, conduct specialized research projects and respond to inquiries. May reconcile difficult accounts. May maintain a complete and systematic set of transactions in a specific phase of accounting. Reports to Director of Accounting & Finance and is located in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Match accounts payable invoices to open inventory receiving.
- Match credit memos to open returns to vendor.
- Process miscellaneous payable invoices without purchase order.
- Work with internal employees to resolve receiving issues and contact suppliers regarding billing discrepancies and credits.
- Monitor vendor statements for errors, unprocessed invoices and payments.
- Prepare payment report, process payable check run and submit for approval and signature. Mail payments to suppliers and file copy of check with the invoices paid.
- Make general journal entries to support the general ledger control system.
- Review invoices for complete and accurate reporting of sales tax.
- Prepare and provide supporting documentation to assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements, annual audits, and tax filings.
- Download credit card transactions, verify supporting documentation, coding, and required approvals.
- Process wire payments to suppliers for advance payments and record in accounting system.
- Track and reconcile advance payments once items are received. Enter invoice to clear advance and apply to advance payment already in the accounting system.
- Smaller function of invoice entering and check writing within QuickBooks for other entities owned by company.
- Documenting new suppliers and getting W-9 forms to meet compliance. Creating and mailing 1099’s annually.
- Reconciling general ledger accounts for received goods not invoiced, advance payments and accrual accounts monthly.
- Prepare weekly cash activity report showing deposits and deductions from cash account.
- Generate Invoices and billing of customer sales orders.
- Enter the invoices into online portals for specific customers.
- Reconcile shipping documents to the original customer order, review discrepancies and initiate corrective actions if necessary.
- Process credit card payments from customers.
- Process Remote Check Deposits daily.
- Retrieve daily banking information from bank website.
- Enter and post customer receipts and resolve discrepancies of under or over payments.
- Prepare weekly reporting of past due customer balances and actions taken, which is discussed with management.
- Drafts correspondence for standard past-due accounts and collections, identifies delinquent accounts by reviewing files, and contacts delinquent accountholders to request payment.
- Prepare customer statements and deliver monthly.
- Block customers for nonpayment and monitor blocked customer report.
- Initiate and monitor unclaimed property for reporting to various states and refunding to customers.
- Reconciling general ledger accounts for shipped but not invoiced, customer deposits and accounts receivable monthly.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- An Associate’s Degree or equivalent work experience with a strong emphasis on personal integrity
- Minimum of two years’ experience in an automated accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger environment.
- Note: This position has access to cash and other financial assets; therefore, initial and or random background checks will be conducted on all applicants and incumbents.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Effective communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to learn computer systems quickly.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work and solve problems independently.
- Ability to work individually and with a team.
National Instrument dba Filamatic is an equal opportunity employer. National Instrument dba Filamatic does not discriminate in employment with regard to actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions and lactation), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service or veteran status, disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances.
4119 Fordleigh Road
Baltimore, MD 21215-2292
For more information, please visit www.filamatic.com.
Please see our careers page for more FILAMATIC job opportunities.